Assistant Accountant (Maternity Cover)
Full time /Fixed Term Contract/Ref: AA/09/21
Salary: £20-30k per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Ringsend, Garvagh
Overall Purpose of Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Full Time, Assistant Accountant to cover a period of Maternity leave for a minimum period of 12 months (with possible extension).
Based at our office in Ringsend, Garvagh, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging but rewarding experience within a busy Finance team!
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to cover all aspects of the Finance function as well as provide an opportunity to develop professionally.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with the timely production of monthly management accounts for all companies within the Group.
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments for the Group
- Maintenance of key schedules such as fixed asset register, prepayments and accruals and inter-company accounts
- Preparation of month end reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the Group’s annual financial statements and annual audit
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and key performance indicators for the Group
- Assist in the monitoring of financial controls for the Group
- Maintenance of nominal ledger including transaction auditing, journal posting and expense coding
- Assist with ad hoc investigations and reports, while ensuring that scheduled reports are produced and circulated in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels
- Statutory reporting to governmental and regulatory bodies such as Department of Finance, Companies House and HMRC
- Support and guidance for other departments within finance such as Accounts receivable, Accounts Payable, Invoicing and Payroll.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable request or duties directed by management.
To be considered for this role, you should display the following:
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IATI or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Competent in IT i.e., Microsoft office, and in particular, extensive experience with Excel
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Previous industry experience
- Previous experience of SAGE 200
- Previous experience in using an accounts software package
*The successful candidate must be able to provide documentation to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK*
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, you should complete the Company application form outlining how you meet the criteria either by POST to: RECRUITMENT, RiverRidge, Electra Road, Maydown or EMAIL email@example.com before:
12 noon on Friday 17th September 2021
Click here fo Application Form: Application Form AA
Click here for Equality Form: Equality Form AA
In the event of a large number of applications we reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short-listing stage
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer