Full time / Permanent / Ref: MO/02/21
Hourly Rate: £9.24 per hour
Location: Moy Road, Portadown
Shift rotation: WK1: 6am to 3pm / Wk2: 12noon to 9pm (40hrs/week)
Monday to Friday (inc. Saturdays on rota basis)
Due to our continual growth, we are looking to appoint a Machine Operative, at our Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) in Portadown.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Operating various machines; Shovel, Telehandler, 21 tonne Digger, Forklift, Loading Shovel, Baler, Wrapper within the MRF
- Report immediately any issues with Machines to MRF Supervisor / Operations Manager
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company obligations, & Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Ensure all Machines on site comply with the relevant H&S standards and company standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring the facility & its’ equipment is kept clean and tidy, with importance placed on housekeeping/cleaning throughout the shift (will include working at height)
- Any other duties as delegated by the MRF Supervisor / Operations Manager.
- Must have a valid licence and experience of operating one of the following machines; Telehandler, Shovel, 21 tonne Digger, Forklift, Loading shovel, Baler, Wrapper
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Be self-motivated
- Ability to work well with others
- Flexible approach to work hours
- Must be able to work the hours as are required from the role
- Previous experience working in the Waste industry
- Valid Telescopic Handler license / Counterbalance Forklift Truck licence and have experience of operating a Telehandler / Forklift
- Completed Banksman training
*Must be able to provide documentation to confirm your eligibility to work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please complete the Company application form and post to Recruitment, RiverRidge, Electra Road, Maydown, BT47 6UL or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 5.00pm on Friday 5th March 2021
Click here for Application Form: Application Form MO
Click here for Equality Form: Equality Form MO
In the event of a large number of applications we reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short-listing stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer