RiverRidge operates Northern Ireland’s largest and most diversified independent Waste Management Company. Initially acquired in 2011, the Company has undergone substantial investment over the past number of years which has transformed it from a small skip hire and landfill business to the fully integrated waste recovery operation it is today.
In the previous 12 months, we have installed new production equipment at our Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) in Garvagh. This equipment is an integral part of the production process of Engineered Fuel.
Due to our continual growth, we are currently looking to recruit a Process Plant Operator who will be responsible for processing operations within areas of our plant whilst on shift.
Duties will also include, first line operations support within the plant, monitoring of plant equipment and responding accordingly to any faults and Lab analysis work involving tests of on-site materials.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Prioritise the allocation of tasks and ensure maximum plant utilisation
- Ensure all equipment is kept in good condition and stored correctly
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on plant equipment as required in a timely manner
- Liaise closely with other shifts and Manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed
- In all cases work closely with the Manager to report on progress and highlight potential issues
- Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with the company policy and in a safe manner
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is of a high standard
- Monitoring computerised plant controls and responding accordingly to faults
- Lab Analysis, as required, to ensure effective process control and measurement
- Loading and unloading of material, if required
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by Management
- Contribute to the decision making process regarding the level of spares/equipment
Health and Safety:
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment, as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety regulations
- Full responsibility for the safety of team members
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities, as required
Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Good Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be IT literate and can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must be willing to work Weekends and Bank Holidays
- Must be Flexible to work additional hours to cover colleagues holidays & other absences
- Must be able to provide documentation to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous Experience of working in a Process Plant is desirable
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete the Company application form outlining how you meet the criteria and send either by Post to Recruitment Ref PPO/01/19, RiverRidge, Electra Road, Maydown, BT47 6UL or by Email to Recruitment@riverridge.co.uk
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th February 2019
In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short-listing stage.
**A reserve list will be created for a period of 6 months**
Equal Opportunities Form
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer