Full Time/Permanent Position
Craigmore Road, Garvagh
Job Ref: SD/12/20/
Rate of pay: Discuss at interview
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 12.00noon – 9.00pm & weekends as required on agreement with your Line Manager
RiverRidge are looking to appoint a Shunter Driver at our depot in Garvagh. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who is ready for a challenge!
About the Position:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Shunting vehicles around the depot
- Maintain Yard housekeeping
- Ensure fleet cleanliness
- Responsible for the safe and efficient movement of vehicles around the yard
- Monitoring and recording of vehicles
- Daily inspection of fleet, reporting any defects to the Yard Supervisor /Management
Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment, as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately in a timely manner
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities, as required.
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role;
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company, including HGV driving responsibilities (dependent on licences)
To be considered for this position, you should display the following:
- Valid UK Driving Licence (max 6 points)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to working hours to work additional hours conducive to the effective running of the post and also it is a requirement of this role that you work weekends as and when required in agreement with your Line Manager
- Previous Shunter experience is desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Valid HGV licence (Category C or C&E)
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the Company application form, outlining how you meet the criteria and return either by POST to Recruitment, RiverRidge, Electra Road, Maydown, BT47 6UL
EMAIL to email@example.com
no later than 5.00pm on Monday 21st December 2020
In the event of a large number of applications we reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short-listing stage.
Equality Form: Equality Form Shunter Driver (Garvagh)
Application Form: Application Form Shunter Driver (Garvagh)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer